OPT EAD or H4 EAD - Best option at this time

nit_2012

Hi Guys,

I need your expert advice quickly.  My Situation is -

My spouse is working on OPT EAD  at client location and ready to apply for OPT extension (By Aug 2018). 
My I-140 is approved and company is processing H1B extension in premium. 
Based on my situation, could you please suggest what should be best choice for me to do at this point of time for my spouse.  

1. Continue with OPT and OPT STEM extension.
2. Apply for H4 and H4 EAD for immediate COS.
3. Apply for H4 and H4 EAD for future date (6 month later) and apply for OPT extension with staffing company

Company attorney is not suggesting anything. Its completely our decision.

STEM OPT has lot of news going on - (Employer location work only).
H4 EAD is also going through lot of problems.

Please give your opinion on this case as early as possible. I have to decide on this by next week.

On 6/12/2018 at 7:46 PM, nit_2012 said:

Hi Guys,

I need your expert advice quickly.  My Situation is -

My spouse is working on OPT EAD  at client location and ready to apply for OPT extension (By Aug 2018). 
My I-140 is approved and company is processing H1B extension in premium. 
Based on my situation, could you please suggest what should be best choice for me to do at this point of time for my spouse.  

1. Continue with OPT and OPT STEM extension.
2. Apply for H4 and H4 EAD for immediate COS.
3. Apply for H4 and H4 EAD for future date (6 month later) and apply for OPT extension with staffing company

Company attorney is not suggesting anything. Its completely our decision.

STEM OPT has lot of news going on - (Employer location work only).
H4 EAD is also going through lot of problems.

Please give your opinion on this case as early as possible. I have to decide on this by next week.

Go with option 1. In case of any issues you still have a fall back to H-4 EAD if it still exists.

If you go with option 2, you will not be able to get OPT STEM extension in future, it is gone.

USCIS mostly does not honor future dates. It always gives a start date whenever they approve the application.

Archived