Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts


If my employer applies GC for me, will it cover for my wife and will she get I140 too, so that after 6 years of h1 she can extend her h1?


Share this post

Link to post

When the Priority Date is current, she can file an I-485 as your dependent, based on your I-140. She won't get her own I-140 unless her employer initiates a GC process for her and files an I-140 for her.

Share this post

Link to post
6 hours ago, rajkumar.t08 said:

so both of us need to have separate gc process... if we work on h1

As I said, when your PD is current she can file an I-485 based on your I-140.

If her H1 expires, she can continue to stay on H4 as long as your H1 is valid. And if the H4 EAD still exists then, she can work with that.

Alternatively, she can of course go for her own GC process with PERM/I-140 from her employer.

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now