Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
h1Bacer

Question about delaying my H1b extension filing

Recommended Posts

Hi All,

I would like to ask you one question about delaying my H1b extension filing.

A bit of a background about my situation: I am currently extending my H1 visa based on my approved I-140. My I-94 expires in the month of December. So my company would generally start filing for H-1B extension in June.

I am getting married to a Chinese citizen early next year. So I qualify for cross-country chargeability, due to which I am able to file I-485. (my PD is Jan-2013, current PD of China is in September 2014).

Apparently, as the current situation with H1 extensions doesn't look so good, I want to see if I can delay filing my extension till October so, by the time the H1b is processed at USCIS, I would have had a chance to file for I-485 also.

Do you see any issues with going this route? Are there any good reasons why I should stick with normal filing? Please help me out!

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post

In my opinion, stick to normal processing and make changes later.

Doing that adds few months to you getting GC in hand but it doesn't look like a manipulated process followed to obtain a GC via marriage to Chinese Citizen.

Once again, my opinion has no legalities but only assumptions.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×