Change of employer - PERM refile?

smani01

Dear Murthy forum members

I have an approved I140 through my former employer. Subsequently i changed jobs and i am nearing 6th year on my H1B. Just from the standpoint of being able to extend the H1B visa on the basis of an approved I140, does the PERM need to be filed by the new employer?

I understand that eventually from a green card perspective the whole process has to start afresh - but the given question is purely with regard to validity of approved I140 for extension of H1B with a different employer.

Thank you!

7 hours ago, pontevecchio said:

If you have an approved I-140 with ANY employer, ANY employer can file a three year extension based on the approved I-140. If the I-140 has been approved more than 6 months back, you are entitled to any number of 3 year extensions with ANY employer till the PD of this I-140 is current.

BTW, just eager to know how did you come to know of these information? I feel lost in the ton of information and is amazing to see someone like you be able to guide others with specific information. You had also helped me in the past when i had queries - thanks a lot!

Archived