H1-B visa stamping other than home country

Deepak Chopade

I am Indian citizen and currently live in USA. 

I have H1-B approved in Oct 2017. Recently I changed employer and as they filed for visa transfer I-129, USCIS asked me to get that stamped on passport.
I am planning to visit Canada (Halifax / Vancouver) for H1 stamping. I want to know, Can I do that ? are there good chances of approval ?

Do I have options for other countries like Singapore, Dubai ?
On 5/21/2018 at 2:17 PM, Deepak Chopade said:

I have H1-B approved in Oct 2017. Recently I changed employer and as they filed for visa transfer I-129, USCIS asked me to get that stamped on passport.
I am planning to visit Canada (Halifax / Vancouver) for H1 stamping. I want to know, Can I do that ? are there good chances of approval ?

Do I have options for other countries like Singapore, Dubai ?

You can go to Canada with out any issues . Check your personal message here on Murthy forum 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/21/2018 at 2:17 PM, Deepak Chopade said:

Huh? That doesn't make any sense. USCIS never asks about getting a visa.

A visa is an entry document, you only need a visa if you are going abroad and want to come back. Also, an I-129 is not about a visa transfer, it is an H1 petition, so it is a transfer of the H1 status. Has nothing at all to do with a visa.

So, there is something you are not telling us (or you are confused, which your lawyer, you have one, do you?, can clear up.)

• 2 months later...
On 6/10/2018 at 2:55 AM, JoeF said:

BHuh? That doesn't make any sense. USCIS never asks about getting a visa.

A visa is an entry document, you only need a visa if you are going abroad and want to come back. Also, an I-129 is not about a visa transfer, it is an H1 petition, so it is a transfer of the H1 status. Has nothing at all to do with a visa.

So, there is something you are not telling us (or you are confused, which your lawyer, you have one, do you?, can clear up.)

USCIS didn't asked me to get visa, my attorney did. As I got approval I-797B without I-94.

Archived