Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
h1binquiry

H1 Extension- Got RFE and Preparing for the Worst

Recommended Posts

Hi there,

I applied for my H1 extension via premium processing in February (my H1 validity was till March). I got a RFE for Speciality Occupation and the response was filed last Wednesday.
 
So far, there has been no update and while I am hoping for the best, I am also preparing for the worst.
 
If my H1 extension is denied, 
 
Can I file for a Motion to Reconsider? If I do that, can I still be in the US and continue in my job till a decision is made?
 
Also can my employer file for both a Motion to Reconsider and file for a new H1 concurrently?
 
I realize I may have to leave US in the event of a denial, but I am trying to get a better understanding of all the options available.
 
Please advice.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×