J1 waiver to H4 vs j1 waiver to h1b

Shashikala

Hi ,

I came to us in 2014 on H4 visa as dependent of my spouse on h1b.  To do my postdoc I changed my visa status from H4 to j1 from aug 2016 to aug 2018, currently im at the third stage of applying for a j1 waiver. I have got all NORI letters from my home country.

most probably I will shift to H4 after getting the waiver, but if my job offer gets finalized by the time I get j1 waiver I may want to apply for h1b academic.

1)Given the situation what should be my statement of reason for waiver  shoul it be j1 to H4?if so what should I say about my qualification for the waiver part. As for H4 what should be the reason I write in the statement.

if I get offer letter by the time I apply for waiver I will state it as h1 b academic and I'm clear what I shoul write.

2)another question is if in my statement of reason I wrote H4 but had to apply for h1 b visa is it ok or possible.

3) Similarily if i wrote reason as change  to h1b visa in my waiver statement seeing the response from prospective emplyoyer, but later due to family reasons I had to apply for H4 is it ok?

kindly advice

Archived