H1B RFE - DEGREE (Bachelors in MECHANICAL ENGINEERING)

Hi,

I have got an RFE on my H1B petition for specialty occupation and relevance of my degree to the proffered position. I have 8.5 yrs of experience in IT and underwent exclusive training for 6 months in computer science applications before my first job. I have submitted credential evaluation as well with my RFE already. 

My attorney has only asked for below documents so far:

detailed description of job duties and % split and level of skill required. (Not asked to link my experience or training)

detailed description of offered position roles and responsibilities and why it is a specialty occupation from my manage.(Not asked to link my experience or training)

client letter

Technical documents related to the project

can anyone advise

1) what could be done in addition to education evaluation which has been already submitted to support my degree?

2) without linking my experience to the job description will even stand a chance?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Make sure your education evaluation is based on both experience and course work. Also make sure evaluator has authority to grant degree (professor is good) he should mention i have authority to grant degree in letter.

Also submit Experience letters with progressive career growth. 

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I went thru same issue. I'd to get affidavit explaining that I got 6 months training in IT as fresher and then relevant progressive experience in IT for 12 years. Though I'd 12 years of experience combined with multiple organizations, education evaluation was only provided using 5 years of experience. 

When you get affidavit, try to get from collegues who have masters from very repute institutions like IITs or NITs or from an Alumini of reputed American universities.

Hope this helps.

Archived