Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Query007

Travelling outside US when Extension petition has been filed

5 posts in this topic

Hi All,

My current visa and I94 is valid till 31 Aug 2018.
Extension petition has been filed on 10 May in regular processing. Considering the current backlog, I do not expect it to be approved by 1 week of July.
I need to travel outside US in the 1st week of July. Please advise if this would be an issue?

Thanks!

It is absolutely acceptable to return with the existing petition and visa. Your I94 will be till August,31. The pending extension will take its course. Always a good idea in these uncertain times to keep the employer informed about travel.

Not an issue as long as you have valid visa on PP

A couple of my friends did visit India while waiting for H1B petition result.

23 hours ago, Query007 said:

I need to travel outside US in the 1st week of July. Please advise if this would be an issue?

It won't be an issue. Extension process decision will see it's own decision and as long as it is after the Visa that is stamped on your passport , you are fine to return back.

On 5/15/2018 at 3:56 PM, pontevecchio said:

It is absolutely acceptable to return with the existing petition and visa. Your I94 will be till August,31. The pending extension will take its course. Always a good idea in these uncertain times to keep the employer informed about travel.

if i94 is expired...can we travel...and come back with new stamping with approved petition?