All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ajay71

I140 Withdrawal/Cancellation

Hi,

We had the below questions - 

1. Can somebody confirm if I140 can't be withdrawn or revoked by my current employer at least for one year after leaving my current employer? If you can point to some USCIS link about the same, that would be helpful. 

2. Assuming that H4 EAD program will continue, if I switch from Employer A to Employer B,  can we use employer A's I140 for my spouse's H4 EAD. 

3. I am currently working or Employer A who has already an approved I140 in place. I am in the process of switching to employer B and Employer B can definitely get 3 years of H1 extension based on employer A's I140. Assuming that employer B won't sponsor for my greencard all over again, can employer B still use Employer A's I140 3 years down the line to get another 3 year H1 extension. 

Thanks,

Ajay

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:38 PM, Ajay71 said:

Hi,

We had the below questions - 

1. Can somebody confirm if I140 can't be withdrawn or revoked by my current employer at least for one year after leaving my current employer? If you can point to some USCIS link about the same, that would be helpful. According to new rule, after six months of approval employer cannot revoke I140.

2. Assuming that H4 EAD program will continue, if I switch from Employer A to Employer B,  can we use employer A's I140 for my spouse's H4 EAD. Not sure because never got into this Boat, better check with some one who already did it or with an attorney

3. I am currently working or Employer A who has already an approved I140 in place. I am in the process of switching to employer B and Employer B can definitely get 3 years of H1 extension based on employer A's I140. Assuming that employer B won't sponsor for my greencard all over again, can employer B still use Employer A's I140 3 years down the line to get another 3 year H1 extension. Employer B has to initiate the GC process all over again, no exception. Only benefit you have in this case that your priority date will restored based on to your first approved I140. If Employer B do not file for your GC then you will not get another extension.

Thanks,

Ajay