H1B visa person paying for trip

Erica Liza

Hi, I have an approved h1b visa petition and I am scheduled to have my embassy interview on May 17th, 2018. However I found out just 4 days before my interview that I may have put an inconsistent information in the DS 160. In the travel section, I selected "self" as the person paying for my trip. However I noticed in my employment contract, it says that my employer is responsible for my air transportation from Philippines to Chicago. 

Unfortunately there is no way to correct the submitted ds 160. Will this lead to my visa denial? Or I can just tell the officer that I made a mistake in selecting that?

Thanks,

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 2:54 AM, Erica Liza said:

Hi, I have an approved h1b visa petition and I am scheduled to have my embassy interview on May 17th, 2018. However I found out just 4 days before my interview that I may have put an inconsistent information in the DS 160. In the travel section, I selected "self" as the person paying for my trip. However I noticed in my employment contract, it says that my employer is responsible for my air transportation from Philippines to Chicago. 

Unfortunately there is no way to correct the submitted ds 160. Will this lead to my visa denial? Or I can just tell the officer that I made a mistake in selecting that?

Thanks,

Probably this may not be a question in your interview, so don't stress your self much on this. however if asked then you can clarify it will not be a big problem, although it highly advisable that you should be extra cautious while filling out such documents.

Good Luck!!!

Archived