F1 Visa Chances

Aashay Shah

Hello. I have been admitted to University of Cincinnati for my graduate program in CS. I am worried for my f1 visa acceptance since I have had some visa history with the US.

I got my B1/B2 visa in 2014 and had traveled on them for a month in dec 2014 and came back to India.

I have had L1 blanket (dependent) visa for a year in 2016 and had traveled on them for a month in june 2016 and came back to India.

I currently have B1/B2 but my L1 visa has expired.

My parents are currently living in the US and they have applied for Green Card (they are currently waiting for a decision by the USCIS. If you ask about their visa status then it can be 'Pending GC' status).  At the time of application, I was their dependent. I have just completed my Engineering in India and plan to come to US for my Masters.

Will this visa history and parents living in US reduce my chances of getting a F1 visa?

Thank you for your response sir/madam. Just to add more details, my parents have not applied the GC for me. GC (i140)  has been applied for my parents only and they are awaiting a response. It's just that I was their dependent at the time of filing i140 on priority date. My file has not been produced for the application. I am currently a major (22 years old). There is no process done for me. In case the i140 is approved, I can for i824 for myself to get the immigrant status as a dependent as I was a minor on priority date of filing i140.

Archived