B2 travel after 221g for H1b

ramjen

All,

After issuing 221g for my H1b consulate has returned my petition to USCIS for further review. Will I face any issue at POE if I now travel with a B2 visa (valid) to take care of my apartment, car and to dispose other stuff?

Thanks in advance

You should be able to explain that you are back to wind up your affairs before permanently moving back. Answer only if asked the purpose of the visit. Mention 3 months if he asks how long the stay. If he routinely stamps your passport and lets you go you do not need to volunteer anything. Above all make no statements which can be proven untrue. Worst case secondary inspection and a month or 2 of admission. You are doing nothing illegal or wrong.

On 5/9/2018 at 0:43 PM, pontevecchio said:

You should be able to explain that you are back to wind up your affairs before permanently moving back. Answer only if asked the purpose of the visit. Mention 3 months if he asks how long the stay. If he routinely stamps your passport and lets you go you do not need to volunteer anything. Above all make no statements which can be proven untrue. Worst case secondary inspection and a month or 2 of admission. You are doing nothing illegal or wrong.

Thanks, hope it works out well for me. I do not want to keep paying the rent and fees with so much uncertainty on the consulate process with 221g.

Archived