All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
2018h1bextension

DUI and h1b extension 2018

On 7/27/2018 at 2:32 PM, H1Bextnsn said:

I have another Question, so Shall I request my Employer for filing a new H1-B or an H1-B extension(which was originally planned)?
I have been getting mixed answers on this, some people say since Visa is already revoked, it doesn't make sense to file an Extension and rather a new H1-B. Is this true ? Or the Extension is filed based on your I-797 ? Please advise.

Though your visa is revoked, you have to file your extension when you are in US - in which case USCIS may ask for additional information about the case details. I read an article recently which said, if you are applying for extension - they are denying the extension and you need to apply for a visa in your home country (upon the new visa post medical evaluation) - you can come and apply for extension. But, in your case - you don't have enough time to get a new visa. 

Please consult an attorney and proceed. Also, try to file the extension in premium processing. Keep updating the status. 

On 8/3/2018 at 7:23 AM, mrav85 said:

Though your visa is revoked, you have to file your extension when you are in US - in which case USCIS may ask for additional information about the case details. I read an article recently which said, if you are applying for extension - they are denying the extension and you need to apply for a visa in your home country (upon the new visa post medical evaluation) - you can come and apply for extension. But, in your case - you don't have enough time to get a new visa. 

Please consult an attorney and proceed. Also, try to file the extension in premium processing. Keep updating the status. 

I am little confuse here . are you saying people who has not traveled outside after DUI arrest and case disposition, USCIS is forcing  them to go out of country and get stamping done 1st, before they file extension ?

this is strange, where did you read this ? 

Edited by newuser6917
more detail

Hello,

I am on my F1 visa working as a Software Engineer and charged with the DUI a month before in St Louis, MO. My BAC level was 0.107. I am working with a good criminal lawyer to settle things. 

I am getting married on Dec 30th and need to travel to India. I read about the prudential revocation of F1 visa. Till date, I haven't received anything from the consulate. I am a little bit scared to travel outside the country but it is inevitable for me. 

1. How would I confirm if my visa is revoked or not?

2. If revoked, what documents I should carry with me?

3. I need to tell my employer how many days I need to be in India. What is the maximum time to get the new visa in Mumbai consulate?

Thank You.

Decide what's more important to you.. a visa or a spouse. Most of us would choose a spouse, and go get married. The rest.. check with the US embassy that issued the F1 if your visa is still valid. Usually DUI issues could be overcome, but worse case of a denied visa, get a job in India where you have employment authorization. 

Also, avoid multiple posts on one topic. It's viewed as spamming.