All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
aryank2000

H1B travel after 221(g)

All,

I am planning on going to mexico for H1B stamping. I currently have a valid H1B visa until September 2018. If i get a 221(g), can i use my existing valid visa to come back to US and go back again after 221(g) processing is done?

thanks

I remember same case when xyz travelled back to US frm canada(calagary consualte) on his valid h1b Visa on pending 221g and after 221g was cleared in a month he travelld back to canada to get the visa stamp and came back safely to US again.

On 5/3/2018 at 4:18 PM, aryank2000 said:

All,

I am planning on going to mexico for H1B stamping. I currently have a valid H1B visa until September 2018. If i get a 221(g), can i use my existing valid visa to come back to US and go back again after 221(g) processing is done?

thanks

Generally they stamp the old foil with "cancelled without prejudiced" stamp. If you ask the passport back and find that they have kept it intact, you can try that trick, may work if you get lucky. There is no way POE would know, but if they ask questions be prepared with a logical answer to give.

Usually when you appear for a new US visa, as a practice, all active visas in your passport are termed cancelled.  

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 3:18 PM, aryank2000 said:

All,

thanks

Nope don't even try that, when 221G issued most probably they going to keep your I797, which required at POE, even for a chance they didn't then also your case status may flag up at POE which will lead to serious consequences.