Dad going for visa interview has previous shoplifting case ( dismissed )

usavisitorvisa

Folks,

Hope this finds you all good. My scenario is unique (may be )

1. My dad got into some shoplifting scenario ( Don't hate my dad for that pls ), which was completely dismissed. Its been more than 9+ years.

2. He was taken to police station etc and court dates too.. finally the case got dismissed.

3. I did not apply for any case seal or any such things, not sure if they help us.

4. He is going for visa interview.

I have couple q's based on this ..

1. Once he gets the USA visa ( keeping fingers crossed), will he be deported at port of entry on any grounds? 

2. if he gets deported (even though the case got dismissed), what is the actual process post deportation? as they won't even allow us to talk to them.

3. Will they send them them directly to India or keep them in any other place? who will pay for their tickets?

4. he will be carrying all the dismissal papers and court docs etc based on this. even the letters given by attorney.

5. we are not aware of what happens at port of entry if someone has similar situation and if they tend to deport, what is the process there.

6. can i hire any attorney to take with me, in case he needs him. assuming they let him talk to us by coming out. if any needed.

Any inputs are really helpful,

Thanks!!

God bless you !!

Archived