H4 EAD - Will USCIS retrogress decisioning on new application if H4EAD gets revoked possibly in June18

mohan1205

I am entering into my 5th year in H1B and with not much positive hope from my current employer to file for my PERM process, I wanted to switch to H4 basically COS and apply for H4EAD along with my wife H1B Extension(approved I-140) in premium processing. Upon checking with her employer's attorney looks like the application bundle that they will submit in premium processing will include( H1B extension for my wife + my COS to H4 + my H4 EAD to start employment immediate upon aproval).  With the current situation of H4 EAD possibly getting revoked sometime in June, i wanted to know if USCIS will still continue to process & make a decision of approving H4 EAD applications that are in their queue even when DOL unfortunately ends up revoking H4 EAD in June.

Basically can USCIS still retrogress the cancellation of H4 EAD decision on new application that are already submitted and waiting on decision as well. Appreciate for any feedback from our experts in this forum.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived