Company Layoff

Hi,

I have been terminated from my company due to company reforming business model and my employer provided the termination agreement document to agree on it, and provided few calendar days if i need to revoke it. But still i have couple of discrepancies on the payment 1. My extra hours for last 3 months which have entered in time sheet 2. All over time hours(Have couple of proof's(Meeting invite , call records, Email proof's, screen shots,etc )) during my service period of 9 years which have not entered in time sheet but management instruction was to enter only for 8 hour's in time sheet. I have already sent an email on this to pay for these before signing agreement, for the second point, asked for payment as an unemployment benefit pay or bonus. Right now still i have 3 days only to disagree, My employer not responded to my email which i have sent to them asking for the payment on the above mentioned 2 points. So could you please provide me any suggestions, what are the options which have? What next to do? Can i agree the termination now(since i will get rest of smooth benefits) and then go for legal if need. Please suggest me, Thanks in advance.   

On 4/24/2018 at 0:54 PM, Shurap1 said:

Not sure what is the agreement here, but in US generally it is "employment at will" which is an agreement you sign at the time of joining and with that they can let you go at ANY time. Severance package unless mentioned in your offer letter would be completely discretionary.

That is the separation agreement where they mentioned different conditions and the they are ready to pay for 4 weeks of severance package and different conditions like after this agreement there won't be any pending payments from employer and termination done as per law, time period to sign the document or to disagree, etc..

• 1 year later...