Another fake university shut down

JoeF

The SF Chronicle reports that SVU, a shady institution in the Bay Area, recently got shut down.

"Silicon Valley University lost its accreditation Dec. 7 for failing to provide audited financial statements. The body that pulled its approval, the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools, is itself under federal scrutiny for its oversight of similar private colleges. Without accreditation, a school cannot offer degrees in California.

\Apparently unaware of the accrediting council’s move, the state filed a complaint against the school on Dec. 27. Through the state Attorney General’s Office, California’s Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education, which regulates private colleges, accused the school of improperly using paid recruiters in Taiwan, letting students who couldn’t pass an English test take classes in English, and failing to keep student records, among 15 violations that alleged no financial misdealings.

On April 3, noticing that the state’s complaint called Silicon Valley University an accredited institution, The Chronicle inquired about its status. Two days later, the state said SVU could no longer operate in California."

It's not easy for the government to shut these frauds down. They sue, or threaten to sue, to prevent their "license to print money" from being taken away. So, the authorities need to have very good evidence before they can shut these "universities" down for good.

I gained a lot of experience on that when I and others took on TVU's Susan Su on another forum.

She threatened to sue me, but of course never followed through. But I know that ICE was reading my posts, because a bunch of TVU "students" reported that when TVU was raided, ICE asked them if they know this JoeF guy ;)

Archived