221G - Chennai consulate and New H1B?

quizzer25

My friend is stuck in Chennai consulate for more than 10 months now. His current petition is valid till end Sep 2018.

What will happen if he doesnt get the stamping till Sep? 

Alternatively can he apply for a new H1B visa? if yes, does the client letter need to have his H1B company's name (his H1b company is in the 3rd layer of EVVC model)

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 0:00 AM, quizzer25 said:

My friend is stuck in Chennai consulate for more than 10 months now. His current petition is valid till end Sep 2018.

What will happen if he doesnt get the stamping till Sep? 

Alternatively can he apply for a new H1B visa? if yes, does the client letter need to have his H1B company's name (his H1b company is in the 3rd layer of EVVC model)

Sorry to hear this, yes your friend can apply for a new H1B but with a different employer reason being, if you nothing is changed from previous petition then you will not get a different outcome. Try to move to one of the vendor preferably close to client or if possible join direct with the client

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Update:

I attended H1 stamping interview last July(2017) and was given 221G. I didnt get any response for that case. Even the last updated date didnt change. After waiting for a full year my company filed a new H1 petition for me and I have got approval from USCIS for 3 years. My stamping interview for the new petition is coming up next week.

My question is what should I say if the visa officer asks me what I was doing in the last one year as I dont have payslips for that period that I am stuck in India. Should I say I took up some training courses and additionally qualified myself. i have a few certificates as proof.

What else should be the ideal answer.

Pls. suggest.       

Its for my friend only. I copy pasted the message he mailed me. His interview is this week and what is the best answer for this question:

"What should he  say if the visa officer asks what I was doing in the last one year as I dont have payslips for that period that I am stuck in India. Should I say I took up some training courses and additionally qualified myself?.

My friend had his stamping interview yesterday.  After the interview, they took all his papers and returned passport with 221G saying they need to check something about the client and will inform when to give the passport.

I guess, they will send some communication in an email to his client. Will his H1B company get an alert when Chennai consulate sends the verification/validation email to the client?

Archived