B2 getting married to US Citizen

SAC1

A person already has a 10 year valid tourist visa (B2) and has traveled to US earlier.

Can s/he re-enter US on B2 and get married to US Citizen post 60/90 day and subsequently apply for Permanent Residency (PR) in US? What's the probability of application being approved? Any recommendations to unite the couple quickly without compromising the PR process.

Thanks, Provence. Could you please help answer below questions:

- Is it required that the foreign spouse leave US after marriage and then comeback on CR1?

- Can foreign spouse file for I-485 (Permanent Residency) after marriage while living in US on B2?

- Would it be any quicker to apply for K-1 (Fiance visa) in home country , get married in US and then file for I-485 (Permanent Residency)

- How long is the wait time currently for K-1 ?

- Can foreign spouse live in US on B2 until K3 or CR1 is being processed in home country.

As stated above, a tourist could enter the US and get married to a USC, then exits the US until a spousal CR1 visa is processed overseas.  If the two have previously met, the USC could initiate a fiance visa petition.  You can google wait times. 

B2 visas are for short visits of a temporary nature to the US, and not to live in US

• 1 month later...

Only Lord knows what's the true intentions of people here who pose questions. But am really tired of all BS being thrown here. Shall I say it as a human's need to find greener pastures or something else... But I don't like people abuse 'my most beloved Nation and destiny's only inheritor of Nature's Goodwill' called USA. God Bless America. 

Archived