F1 and visitor visa

siri87

Hi,

I am in a typical situation, currently on F1 status, My visa stamping for F1 was until august 2016, but currently enrolled in a course and on active status. but now I want to invite my parents for my marriage here in US. I have tried for their visit visa, but got denied. Please Suggest which option is preferable.

1. If I can apply for their visit under my husbands H1B visa based on the registered marriage certificate or should I have a H4 Visa for him to file as his dependents. 

2.shall I file once again on my F1 visa and invite them for marriage.   

3. Would there be any chance of H4 denial, If I go to my home country for getting married and come back on H4.

Thank you so much in advance...

You don't apply!  Your spouse doesn't apply!  Best that you/spouse/fiance stay out of it. Your parents' are the applicants; they apply. 

The usual cause for a b2 denial is the lack of strong ties to their country. And as long as those ties are lacking, they could apply multiple times and still be denied. Best to wait until they have stronger ties to their country, or they'd continue to donate $160 multiples on application fees.  

You say you're inviting them for your wedding, but keep referring to a husband and a marriage certificate. 

Archived