All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
reddy007

RFE for Electrical Engineering

Kindly help me on replying for the below RFE with any links  or information. Thanks in advance. 

I have received mainly 4 questions. Everything else is related to employer

1) Query on  Speciality occupation

2) USCIS routinely consults the department of labor's OOH for information about the duties. Position is mentioned as QA Analyst but LCA is filed for Computer Systems Analyst.

3) Submit a detailed statement to 

• Explain the actual duties the beneficiary will perform for your company
  • Indicate the percentage of time devoted to each duty
  • State the exceptional requirements for these duties; and
  • Explain how beneficiary's education relates to the position

4) Submit evidence showing that 

• a baccalaureate or higher degree, or its equivalent, in a specific field of study is normally the minimum requirement for entry into the particular position: or
  • The proffered position is so complex or unique that it can be performed only by an individual with a degree in a specific field of study
  • In your company or industry, a baccalaureate degree in a specific field of study is a standard minimum requirement for the job offered. Attestations to industry standards must be for similar positions among similarly situated companies: or
  • The nature of specific duties for the proffered position are so specialized and complex that the knowledge required to perform the duties is usually associated with attainment of a baccalaureate or higher degree in a specific field of study.

Be prepared for denial. Lets be honest your Bachelors Degree is not related to your nature of work.

USCIS is performing extreme due diligence on reconciling Educational background with the Job Description and in your case the odds are not in your favor.

Degree is in Electrical but there are many computer courses in my 4 years of education -  

1) C program

2) Computer organization and architecture

3) Neural Networks

4) Data Structures

Does not these computer courses help?

USCIS is now looking at about equivalent of 60 Credits to consider Computer Science as a major. What you have stated might at best be 12 Credits.  Again what I am stating is that the current trend does not favor your petition. Luck is a major factor in this case.

There wouldn't have been any issue had this been three or four years ago. Now , things have changed for worse.

@reddy007 - The best you can do is trust ur experience and get experience evaluation done.

3 years experience  = 1 year computer science education.

so you can only count on this, truth but hard. Gud luck.

I dont think your RFE is talking about your background in education.  It is talking about your LCA role computer System analyst.  IT says LCA role doesnt needs Bachelors Degree.

No where i see it talks about your bachelors background.

# 3 last point talks about the education 

• Explain how beneficiary's education relates to the position. 

You need to do expert opinion as well as educational evaluation. 

I also have 4 maths courses and 4 computer courses. Not sure if these courses can add value? 

Also Java certification from NIIT

And 11.5 years of IT experience. 

Hope all this helps. I see lot many rejections but also a small hope of ray.