All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Attorney_22

Preparing for an Adjustment of Status (Form I-485) Filing

This week, Murthy Law Firm attorneys will answer questions regarding what documentation you can prepare for the filing of an eventual adjustment of status application.

Rules for Topic of the Week Threads:

1. Attorney's postings contain general information only and are not a substitute for case-specific legal advice.

2. The attorney will answer only those questions which relate to the main subject. If you have a question on some other issue, please start a new thread in the appropriate forum section.

3. The attorney will not necessarily answer every question posted and may provide a single answer to a group of similar questions.

4. Please do not provide information which would identify any specific company, university or individual.

Hi

I have approved I-140 from employer A in 2009 and joined employer B in 2016. Though I exited employer A in good terms, I cannot join or get a letter from employer A. Employer B has not started my GC processing 

1. Can I file I-485 by self

2. Since I can’t get anything from employer A, what option are available 

11 hours ago, Attorney_22 said:

This week, Murthy Law Firm attorneys will answer questions regarding what documentation you can prepare for the filing of an eventual adjustment of status application.

Rules for Topic of the Week Threads:

1. Attorney's postings contain general information only and are not a substitute for case-specific legal advice.

2. The attorney will answer only those questions which relate to the main subject. If you have a question on some other issue, please start a new thread in the appropriate forum section.

3. The attorney will not necessarily answer every question posted and may provide a single answer to a group of similar questions.

4. Please do not provide information which would identify any specific company, university or individual.

I do not have birth certificate, what should I do as an alternative?

On 4/5/2018 at 11:10 PM, Chan001 said:

Hi

I have approved I-140 from employer A in 2009 and joined employer B in 2016. Though I exited employer A in good terms, I cannot join or get a letter from employer A. Employer B has not started my GC processing 

1. Can I file I-485 by self

2. Since I can’t get anything from employer A, what option are available 

If the job offer with employer A is no longer available (not willing to document a job offer through the filing of a Supplement J Form), you need a new offer of employment. For most professionals that is through the filing of a new PERM and I-140. To discuss this in more detail, feel free to schedule a consult with one of our attorneys.  

On 4/6/2018 at 2:32 AM, Pugalendhi said:

I do not have birth certificate, what should I do as an alternative?

It depends on the country you were born in, but if from India, you will need a non-availability certificate plus secondary documentation including affidavits. 

I485 Medical Exam Vaccine Waiver

Hello,

My son had a liver transplant and is unable to get Vaccine. Please provide feedback on what forms to use for Waiver. How does USCIS views immigrants with long medical history.

Thank you

On 4/12/2018 at 10:53 AM, NirMir said:

I485 Medical Exam Vaccine Waiver

Hello,

My son had a liver transplant and is unable to get Vaccine. Please provide feedback on what forms to use for Waiver. How does USCIS views immigrants with long medical history.

Thank you

Generally, if it is medically dangerous to obtain a certain vaccine USCIS will allow a waiver of that specific requirement. The civil surgeon should clearly document the exception to the requirement within the sealed medication examination. If USCIS requires something further they will inform you. A long medical history does not make someone inadmissible, however if there is a communicable disease, that can be an issue. 

Hello,

I work full-time for a consulting company and my first H1 was approved for dates 10/01/2016 - 09/04/2019 with a client in Chicago. In September 2017 I got a new project in Maryland and my amendment was approved for dates 03/31/2017 - 03/30/2018. In March 2018 I filed for H1 extension and unfortunately my project is getting over and I got an RFE on the extension petition. Here are my two questions

1.     Can I find a new project and file a new extension with the current employer.

2.     Can I go back and work at the previous location in Chicago for another client, where I have an approved H1B petition till September 2019.

Thank you

19 hours ago, susheelyarlagadda said:

Hello,

I work full-time for a consulting company and my first H1 was approved for dates 10/01/2016 - 09/04/2019 with a client in Chicago. In September 2017 I got a new project in Maryland and my amendment was approved for dates 03/31/2017 - 03/30/2018. In March 2018 I filed for H1 extension and unfortunately my project is getting over and I got an RFE on the extension petition. Here are my two questions

1.     Can I find a new project and file a new extension with the current employer.

2.     Can I go back and work at the previous location in Chicago for another client, where I have an approved H1B petition till September 2019.

Thank you

It is advisable to call our office and speak to one of our H1B attorneys. 

I am filing for AOS (I485,I765 and I131) - Employment Based this month
My current H1B expires in the next 4 months, I will complete 6 years.  My employer will be filing for H1B extension next month.  If my H1B extension is denied before I get my I765 EAD, what will be my status.

Can I continue to stay legally until my EAD / GC is approved?

18 hours ago, NeedInformation said:

I am filing for AOS (I485,I765 and I131) - Employment Based this month
My current H1B expires in the next 4 months, I will complete 6 years.  My employer will be filing for H1B extension next month.  If my H1B extension is denied before I get my I765 EAD, what will be my status.

Can I continue to stay legally until my EAD / GC is approved?

Once an I-485 is filed an individual can remain in the U.S. in a period of authorized stay. However, an individual will need to wait for the EAD to have work authorization (unless possessing work authorization via a valid work authorized status).   

Thank you for the response, I have one more question,

Is it Mandatory that I send Form I-693 along with the application packet while file AOS (I485,I765 and I131) - Employment Based.

Can I send it at a later date.  What are the Pros and Cons

18 hours ago, NeedInformation said:

Thank you for the response, I have one more question,

Is it Mandatory that I send Form I-693 along with the application packet while file AOS (I485,I765 and I131) - Employment Based.

Can I send it at a later date.  What are the Pros and Cons

Generally, USCIS will accept the I-485 without the medical. However, an RFE will be issued for the examination later.