Approved EAD and h1b Approval

eperm

I have EAD approved which has approval date till October 2012 and i also got h1b approval which was filed after EAD approval and the h1b's approval is till 2014, i have not used EAD yet still working on h1b, my questions

1) is the EAD still valid even after h1b approval?

2) if yes to 1 then if for some reason in future i need to change employer can i use that EAD?

3) regardless to yes or no to question 2, can i do h1 transfer if needed even though my current h1b extension is beyond 6 yr means it is based on pending adjustment of status extension?

5) what would be h4 status of my wife that is also approved till 2014?

4) what would you recommend (i would not hold you liable) in this situation if i needed to change employer?

thanks

As long as the I-485 application is still pending (i.e. it has not been denied or approved) and the EAD is not expired, then the EAD remains valid. Although a person has a valid EAD, s/he may still choose to work on H1B for his H1B employer. By working on the H1B, the person can continue to maintain the H1B non-immigrant status apart from the pending I-485. Maintaining H1B non-immigrant status is the safest option.

The valid EAD can be used as backup when needed. For example, if the H1B employment is terminated, the person can seek new employment using the EAD.

• 2 months later...

Archived