I485 rejected in March due to fee

kumar98

hi

I filed my I485, I131 and my wife I485, I131, 1765 together. Wrote two separate cheques of $1225 each for me and my wife. I signed my cheques etc. However my application has been returned today saying as follows.

The check amount is incorrect, or has not been provided. Please review the Form Instructions for the fee information. Please resubmit the application/petition package with the appropriate fees to the USCIS address listed on the bottom of this documentation.

They provided me green sheet for reapplication. I don't know where it went wrong. Please advice. My understanding is retrogression started from April 1 for Indian EB1 applicants. Please advice.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Hi Kumar,

It is little confusing when you read individual instructions for both forms.  Individual forms did not mention anything about fee waiver when filed along with 485, but for I-485 application special instructions, it is clearly mentioned :

Filing Forms I-765 and I-131 with Form I-485

If you are filing Form I-485 (or already filed a Form I-485 on or after July 30, 2007), you do not have to pay an additional fee to also file a Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization and/or Form I-131, Application for Travel Document for advance parole. You may file these forms together. If you choose not to file Form I-765 and/or Form I-131 with your Form I-485, then you must submit a copy of your I-797C, Notice of Action, receipt as evidence of that you filed a Form I-485.

Archived