J1 wavier 2018 Timeline

j1wavierIndia

Hi Forum,

Have anyone applied for J1 wavier in 2018. I have applied under "No Objection", and still waiting for Fav. Recommendation from DOS for past 5 weeks.

Is anyone facing the similar situation, is there a way to followup and request for expedite. My J1 Visa is expiring June 2018. Worried!

My TimeLine:

NO Update after that....

Feb 27 - Received No Objection

Feb 12 - Received Fee, DS 3035, DS 2019, Passport Data, Statement Of Reason

Feb 05 - Sent the package

On 3/30/2018 at 4:34 PM, j1wavierIndia said:

Hi Forum,

Have anyone applied for J1 wavier in 2018. I have applied under "No Objection", and still waiting for Fav. Recommendation from DOS for past 5 weeks.

Is anyone facing the similar situation, is there a way to followup and request for expedite. My J1 Visa is expiring June 2018. Worried!

My TimeLine:

NO Update after that....

I have sent it in November 2017 and still did not get my waiver. Prepare to wait for 6+ months. 

My timeline is here

November 15: DOS received the package

Feb 15: Fav Reco to USCIS

Feb 27: USCIS receives the package and I get the letter by mail

April 5: Still did not get the complete clearance. 

@holyriver6@gmail.com

Thanks for your comment. Did you apply through "No Objection", strange it taking so long for you. From the other forums I heard you can call USCIS to raise a expedite request. Did you try calling them?

Now my Status at DOS got updated as Fav. Recommendation. But I dont see any comment as "Recommendation - Sent". Will it take time to update in the DOS website?

Thanks

On 3/30/2018 at 4:34 PM, j1wavierIndia said:

Hi Forum,

My TimeLine:

NO Update after that....

13 hours ago, j1wavierIndia said:

@holyriver6@gmail.com

Thanks for your comment. Did you apply through "No Objection", strange it taking so long for you. From the other forums I heard you can call USCIS to raise a expedite request. Did you try calling them?

Now my Status at DOS got updated as Fav. Recommendation. But I dont see any comment as "Recommendation - Sent". Will it take time to update in the DOS website?

Thanks

I tried to call them to expedite the process but they rejected it. I see that the J1 waiver is taking a lot of time these days. 

1 hour ago, j1wavierIndia said:

@holyriver6@gmail.com

How did you come to know DOS have sent the Fav. Recommendation to USCIS, was it updated in https://j1visawaiverstatus.state.gov ? Because for me only Status changed to Fav. Recommendation but no update in the table saying its sent to USCIS or to me?

Thanks

you will get a letter from USCIS very soon. Also check this page https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do with the receipt number from the letter. 

What is your timeline like?

@holyriver6@gmail.com

Thanks for sharing the information. Yet to know whether DOS have sent a copy to me and USCIS or not, as I haven't receive any copy yet. How long did it took for your to get the mail from USCIS with receipt number after your status changed to Fav. Recommendation please? After how many days did you raise the expedite request to USCIS please?

My Timeline:

Apr 4 - Status changed from Pending to Fav. Recommendation

Thanks!

20 hours ago, j1wavierIndia said:

@holyriver6@gmail.com

Thanks for sharing the information. Yet to know whether DOS have sent a copy to me and USCIS or not, as I haven't receive any copy yet. How long did it took for your to get the mail from USCIS with receipt number after your status changed to Fav. Recommendation please? After how many days did you raise the expedite request to USCIS please?

My Timeline:

Apr 4 - Status changed from Pending to Fav. Recommendation

Thanks!

I have got my waiver yesterday. The trick is you should call the USCIS and ask to expedite the process. They sent me an email saying that they have rejected my request and then sent the waiver in 1 week time. So here is my experience. 

Nov 15: DOS receives the package

Feb 20: Fav recco to USCIS

Feb 27: mail from USCIS

March 30: Call to USCIS to expedite the process

April 4: rejection email from USCIS to expedite

April 9: mail from USCIS with approval. 

It took me 1 year to get the total waiver from start to finish as my home state of West Bengal is useless and had to beg the gov officers for the letter. My father had to knock on many many doors. I honestly suggest other candidates to take a lot of time and then apply. It took me 5+ months to get it from USCIS. I hope this helps. If anyone needs more suggestion please ask on this forum. I will try my best to answer. 

Hi,

I sent my DS3035 documents to DOS  courier service address (Department of State J-1 Waiver P.O. Box 979037, 1005 Convention Plaza, St. Louis, MO 63101-1200) on Feb 16, 2018 and based on the tracking information, I found that packet was received. In parallel, Washington Embassy sent NOS to DOS on March 1,  2018. I still don't see any update on my case in J1 waiver portal. Its been almost two months. Does anyone have a similar issue?  

On 4/11/2018 at 4:50 PM, J1_waiver said:

Hi,

I sent my DS3035 documents to DOS  courier service address (Department of State J-1 Waiver P.O. Box 979037, 1005 Convention Plaza, St. Louis, MO 63101-1200) on Feb 16, 2018 and based on the tracking information, I found that packet was received. In parallel, Washington Embassy sent NOS to DOS on March 1,  2018. I still don't see any update on my case in J1 waiver portal. Its been almost two months. Does anyone have a similar issue?  

Did you apply for return receipt? while sending the documents? Because it will say to whom it was delivered. Try dropping an email to DOS public inquiry stating the situation. 

On 4/10/2018 at 9:44 AM, holyriver6@gmail.com said:

I have got my waiver yesterday. The trick is you should call the USCIS and ask to expedite the process. They sent me an email saying that they have rejected my request and then sent the waiver in 1 week time. So here is my experience. 

Nov 15: DOS receives the package

Feb 20: Fav recco to USCIS

Feb 27: mail from USCIS

March 30: Call to USCIS to expedite the process

April 4: rejection email from USCIS to expedite

April 9: mail from USCIS with approval. 

It took me 1 year to get the total waiver from start to finish as my home state of West Bengal is useless and had to beg the gov officers for the letter. My father had to knock on many many doors. I honestly suggest other candidates to take a lot of time and then apply. It took me 5+ months to get it from USCIS. I hope this helps. If anyone needs more suggestion please ask on this forum. I will try my best to answer. 

@holyriver6@gmail.com Can you please share how long did it took for you receive DOS recommendation copy and USCIS receipt number to your mail box after your DOS updates "RECOMMENDATION SENT"?

On 4/12/2018 at 8:14 AM, hardshipwaiver said:

Report my timeline, mine is a hardship waiver.

Recommendation Sent April, 11 2018
Change of Address Received March, 05 2018
Sponsor Views (Received) Received February, 06 2018
Request for Sponsor Views Sent January, 29 2018
Form I-612 Received January, 23 2018
Form I-613 Received January, 23 2018

@hardshipwaiver Thanks for sharing. Can you please keep us posted when you receive the recommendation letter in mail (Hard Copy) and USCIS Receipt Number in mail?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am applying through state health agency waiver

my application is with department of state since April 25. Any idea when it will send fav recommendation to uscis ? Anything can be done to expedite the process. I live in DC, will a visit help ? 

My j1 expires on 30th June so I am in a fix what to do ? 

Hi Forum,

Here is my timeline:

March 05 2018 - No Objection Statement Received

March 08 2018 - Request for Sponsor Views Sent

March 15 2018 - Request for Sponsor Views Received

March 22 2018 - Favorable Recommendation sent

March 26 2018 - Received notice from USCIS

May 22 2018 - Call to USCIS to ask and they told my case was approved on May 17 2018!

52 days after Received notice from USCIS...

Hope you all get approved soon.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2018 at 1:24 PM, j1wavierIndia said:

@holyriver6@gmail.com can you please share how did you come to know that your expedite request was rejected. Was it updated in the I-797C receipt number? They mentioned if you raise a expedite request it will take additional one more month, did it happen the same for you as well. Please share your experience. 

Thanks

I received an email that it was rejected but the following week I had the waiver. 

Archived