Immigration steps while you are on H1B with I-140 approved

Hello ML Firm, First of all thanks for helping people via this portal.

Situation & Facts:

1)  I am on H1-B with I-140 approved petition.

2) Parents are Citizen of US. My immigration file is in process under F3 - Married Sons and Daughter category. My F3 category priority date is 09-JUN-06.

When they filed I-130 petition, I and my family were in our native country. 

3) Based on latest Visa Bulletin, priority dates of F3 category are...

A.  FINAL ACTION DATES FOR FAMILY-SPONSORED PREFERENCE CASES  - F3 - 08-JAN-06

B.  DATES FOR FILING FAMILY-SPONSORED VISA APPLICATIONS  - F3- 01-SEP-06

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2018/visa-bulletin-for-april-2018.html

Questions:

Q1.  As my F3 category priority date is crossed B. date (01-SEP-06),  Can I file change of status I 485 now.

Q2. Will my parents get any letter from USCIS about my F3 application

Q3. What should I do.. ?

"" Applicants for immigrant visas who have a priority date earlier than the application date in the chart below may assemble and submit required documents to the Department of State’s National Visa Center, following receipt of notification from the National Visa Center containing detailed instructions. "".

Should you wish to file an AOS, have a law firm deal with it. You have too much time invested in the matter to want to make sure things are processed smoothly.

4 hours ago, pontevecchio said:

"" Applicants for immigrant visas who have a priority date earlier than the application date in the chart below may assemble and submit required documents to the Department of State’s National Visa Center, following receipt of notification from the National Visa Center containing detailed instructions. "".

Should you wish to file an AOS, have a law firm deal with it. You have too much time invested in the matter to want to make sure things are processed smoothly.

I did not invest much time, on this March 15th 2018, visa bulletin got new date to 01-SEP-06. Earlier, it was 15-DEC-05.

Also, I already talked to Lawyer but they said your father(Petitioner) will receive letter then you can start process. The reason I asked here, if anyone has this kind of experience so they can share their experience and share the process steps.

Archived