H1B Extension - Non-IT background - education query

AE01

Hi - I'm working on EVC model and I'm going for the 7th year extension. I'm working with the same client for the past 4 years as a contractor. I have non-IT Masters degree (Masters in U.S in Mechanical Engineering) and I'm working currently as a Software Architect. I'm hearing lot of RFEs these days on - How education (non-IT masters/bachelors degree) relates to the IT Job you are doing.

Can someone please advise on how to handle the above query if I come across ?

also, I have 1 Year IT experience in India (worked for IBM)

7+ Years IT experience in U.S (After Masters)

Hi guys... This is almost my kind of background, but i do have Masters in Computer Science in USA and working in USA since 11 years. 

Should i have any problem as well ? I am hearing lot of rumours about this education vs job role. 

I have BTech in Mechanical.

I have Masters in computer science in USA. (11 years USA exp)

Please advise friends.

@AE01- So i can tell u some thing. Last week i went to Murthy office. There was a guy similar to your situation. He explained me this. 

1. Application extension denied - Basis of Btech and Mtech in mechanical engineering. 

2. Applied Again - Rejected again - Basis of attorney still did not convince the officer although client refiled with other documentation.

3. Applied Again - Approved - When client took some reco letters, professor opinions, the employee exp in usa of 11 years. 

The client is 60 B $ company IT industry.

So totally i can tell you your ext would be a challenge but people gets approvals as i have been seeing. But ur case is not a cake walk. I strongly recommend to take full time and prepare all reco letters, expert opinions etc...

Archived