All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Neo-Morpheus

H4 EAD to J1

Hi,

Situation : My wife is an international medical graduate currently on EAD ( H4 EAD specifically) for couple of years now, didn't make use of the EAD as of now though. She is planning to join a fellowship program which sponsors J1VISA.
Her current EAD ends in August, 2018 and we are trying to get an extension after that. But with the current government I am not sure how long it may take and her programme starts in JULY, 2018. 

Please let me know will there be any issues in approving J1, when moving from EAD to J1 and in future moving back to EAD is that an option ? (without going back to home country for 2-years rule)

Thanks.

Note : Continuing in EAD is a better thing to do, but wanted to know the options here.

Edited by Neo-Morpheus

J1 would render the 2 year HRR requirement true. Some programs do sponsor H1. Even if she takes up J1, she can try the programs which render the 2 year HRR moot like the Conrad 30 and so on. Worst case she would need to do the 2 year HRR in future.

It is absolutely possible. Do all the research you can. Consult a Lawyer dealing with J1 waivers. For example Mt. Sinai Hospital in NYC is supposed to be an underserved area. Rapport and networking is something she will need. Anyway bottom line is 2 years. After her fellowship she will have enough contacts to return on a H1.