All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Velugu

Mother Green Card -- Birth Proof related question

I am applying for my mother GC this summer and she was born in 1952. She doesn't have her birth certificate. Even the municipality is not issuing Non-Availability Birth Certificate. She didn't go to school. 
As per the travel site link https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/India.html, there is no need to provide birth certificate for the people who were born before 1970 (as per my interpretation). 

Do you guys have any experience (applying for older parents) where you didn't submit any proof of birth certificate and got GC?
Any info is really appreciated.

Thanks
Velugu

Once you file the I-130, they will give you the option of doing a DNA test to prove the relationship. NABC certificate is a cash cow for municipal employees if you get my meaning. I got both done when filing for my Mother.

Hi Velugu, 

could you please share your your experience with your mother’s application process for birth certificate? I’m also in the same boat , so wanted to check how you provided the proof of birth certificate?

thanks,

Naani.

I have a similar situation. Mom doesn't have a birth certificate. My birth certificate neither lists her name nor mine. Have received a letter requesting my birth certificate etc. Please advise.

Edited by DBJ

@DBJ

have you already applied your mother’s GC? And recieved an RFE requesting your BC?

did you have any affidavits submitted or planned for explaining this situation?