Family(H4) travel in case H1B Stamping get 221G

RakeshKK

Hi Team,

My visa stamping was expired 17 Aug 2017 and I am visiting India with my family in July 2018. So that i get Visa Drop box for my visa stamping.

I have a question related to this as i have seen with some of my friends that their family passport came back with stamping in one week but they get form 221G. 

If family got stamped on there passport with new petition than can they travel without me to USA from India?

Thanks

Rakesh

2 hours ago, Rakesh Kamboj said:

My H1B is approved till Nov 2020, i just want stamping on my passport. 

When you travel out out of the country, you are not in H1 status anymore. That's not a problem for dependents if you have a valid H1 visa and your stay abroad is a short vacation.

If you go for visa stamping, your family can not stay in the US on H4, because it is not clear if and when you can return in H1 status.

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:41 AM, Rakesh Kamboj said:

Hi Team,

My visa stamping was expired 17 Aug 2017 and I am visiting India with my family in July 2018. So that i get Visa Drop box for my visa stamping.

I have a question related to this as i have seen with some of my friends that their family passport came back with stamping in one week but they get form 221G. 

If family got stamped on there passport with new petition than can they travel without me to USA from India?

Thanks

Rakesh

Ideally H4 dependents are not advised to travel back to USA if H1B is some under admin processing, at POE they may face issue which may lead to a serious consequences. You may flip flop your vacation rather than going all together if you really worried about your situation.

Good Luck!!!

Archived