H1B Cap Filing- It’s Not Too Early to Start the Green Card Process.

Attorney_22

This week, Murthy Law Firm attorneys will answer questions regarding starting the green card process while in H1B cap season.

Rules for Topic of the Week Threads:

1. Attorney's postings contain general information only and are not a substitute for case-specific legal advice.

2. The attorney will answer only those questions which relate to the main subject. If you have a question on some other issue, please start a new thread in the appropriate forum section.

3. The attorney will not necessarily answer every question posted and may provide a single answer to a group of similar questions.

4. Please do not provide information which would identify any specific company, university or individual.

My spouse's company is just starting her GC process. They sponsored her H1B in 2016 and it was filed under the Master's Cap(She was on her F1 OPT previously). She has been working there for just over 2.5 years. My question is:

Is the topic of this post, "H1B Cap Filings - It's Not Too Early to Start the Green Card Process", effect anything at all in her case?

On 3/15/2018 at 10:01 PM, itissid said:

My spouse's company is just starting her GC process. They sponsored her H1B in 2016 and it was filed under the Master's Cap(She was on her F1 OPT previously). She has been working there for just over 2.5 years. My question is:

Is the topic of this post, "H1B Cap Filings - It's Not Too Early to Start the Green Card Process", effect anything at all in her case?

If your question is, "Can my spouse start the green card process at this time?" Generally, the answer is yes. To discuss this in more detail, feel free to schedule a consult with one of our attorneys. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived