H1B transfer and I-140 approval notice

Got 7th Year extension and stamped visa untill may 2020  based on I-140 approved last year on 1st feb , while changing the employer will I-140 approval notice is required while transfering the H1B with another employer currently though with previous employer H1B was approved based on first I-140 approval. 

Please help and suggest , if someoen has faced such issues .

One thing you are not clear is that there is no thing as H1b transfer. It is basically new H1b. You need to do all application exactly as if you are applying for new H1b. You will only get H1b for maximum of six years for all of your employments. The only way to get additional years for H1b if you have green card in process and have approved I-140 in your hand. This is your case so now, when you change employer, you will need to apply for H1b for new employer, repeating the same process. In addition, all of your previous work towards green card in void. THat means you have to start from scratch the procedure for green card. This includes PERM (posting ad, collecting resume for your job...), I-140 and final step of green card.

The only advantage you may get is that you can request them to capture you original priority date so you won't lose you place in that line. But again, if you new I-140 is not approved and your priority date becomes current, you will not be able to use it because of not having approved I-140.

Archived