Can some one share MTR success rate and timeline

This is my fresh H1-B visa I though once it s picked up in the lottery everything will go smooth 

pickedup in the lottery on  april 2017

Aug 2017 got a RFE (specialty occupation) 

Replied the RFE in the month of october 2017

Nov 4th 2017  got denied (reason for denial Speciality occupation)

Jan 26th  2018Filed MTR along with expert opinion letter filed 

Feb 7th 2018 Got New petition number 

This is the story of my process....

Edited by srini005
spell check
On 3/16/2018 at 1:45 PM, srini005 said:

This is my fresh H1-B visa I though once it s picked up in the lottery everything will go smooth 

Thanks for sharing. My case was denied in Nov 17. MTR filed on Dec 28th 2017. Case was received on Dec 29th 2017 and no updates since then....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/16/2018 at 4:45 PM, srini005 said:

Hi,

Looks like you filed MTR outside of the 33 calendar day period. Did you mention any reason for delay?

How did you get expert opinion letter?

I am planning to file MTR but got only 4 days to reach 33 calendar day period.

Any guidance is appreciated. Thank you!

Edited by JohnielSam
Added more information
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I want to know if these statuses mean something or if I can predict something.

Please let me know if anyone got approvals or anyone who had seen similar flow of updates.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

H1B PP denied due to specialty occupation(1132 soc, wage level 2) - Aug 13, 2018

Employer filed for MTR within 33 days.

Currently in India as my i94 expired.

Case statuses on the old I129 Receipt number itself, I do not have any new receipt number.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 26, 2018 Case Was Sent To The Administrative Appeals Office for Review

On September 26, 2018, we sent your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number WACXXXXXXXXXX, to the Administrative Appeals Office (AAO) for review. That office will mail you our decision or send you a request if it needs something from you. Please follow any instructions provided to you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After few hours: September 26, 2018 Case Was Received At My Local Office

On September 26, 2018, we received your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number WACXXXXXXXXXX, at your local office. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After few hours (got the below update twice - showing the same - duplicate in the case history): 

September 26, 2018

Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction

On September 26, 2018, we transferred your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number WACXXXXXXXXXX, to another USCIS office. That office now has jurisdiction over your case. We sent you a notice that explains why we moved your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by October 26, 2018, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, received the below in the email notification:

Application Type: I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER 

Your Case Status: Initial Review 

On September 26, 2018, we transferred your Form I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER, Receipt Number WACXXXXXXXXXX, to another USCIS office. That office now has jurisdiction over your case. We sent you a notice that explains why we moved your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by October 26, 2018, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators. If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and in most cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment. If absolutely necessary, you can request that your appointment be rescheduled however, please be aware that rescheduling may delay the processing of your application. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice if you need to reschedule. Occasionally, you may receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints taken when you have filed a form other than those listed above. In these situations, you may receive your appointment notice more than 30 days after submitting your application or petition. 

------------------

Your help is really appreciated.

• 6 months later...
On 10/3/2018 at 8:37 AM, MV24 said:

Hi everyone,

I want to know if these statuses mean something or if I can predict something.

Please let me know if anyone got approvals or anyone who had seen similar flow of updates.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

H1B PP denied due to specialty occupation(1132 soc, wage level 2) - Aug 13, 2018

Employer filed for MTR within 33 days.

Currently in India as my i94 expired.

Case statuses on the old I129 Receipt number itself, I do not have any new receipt number.

September 26, 2018 Case Was Sent To The Administrative Appeals Office for Review

On September 26, 2018, we sent your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number WACXXXXXXXXXX, to the Administrative Appeals Office (AAO) for review. That office will mail you our decision or send you a request if it needs something from you. Please follow any instructions provided to you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After few hours: September 26, 2018 Case Was Received At My Local Office

On September 26, 2018, we received your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number WACXXXXXXXXXX, at your local office. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

After few hours (got the below update twice - showing the same - duplicate in the case history): 

September 26, 2018

Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction

On September 26, 2018, we transferred your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number WACXXXXXXXXXX, to another USCIS office. That office now has jurisdiction over your case. We sent you a notice that explains why we moved your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by October 26, 2018, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, received the below in the email notification:

Application Type: I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER 

Your Case Status: Initial Review 

On September 26, 2018, we transferred your Form I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER, Receipt Number WACXXXXXXXXXX, to another USCIS office. That office now has jurisdiction over your case. We sent you a notice that explains why we moved your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by October 26, 2018, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators. If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and in most cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment. If absolutely necessary, you can request that your appointment be rescheduled however, please be aware that rescheduling may delay the processing of your application. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice if you need to reschedule. Occasionally, you may receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints taken when you have filed a form other than those listed above. In these situations, you may receive your appointment notice more than 30 days after submitting your application or petition. 

------------------

Your help is really appreciated.

Hi Any Updates on this...I am in similar situation

• 9 months later...
On 3/16/2018 at 3:45 PM, srini005 said:

In you case, are you stayed over stay? I mean, I am also same case now. 

• 6 months later...