What happens???

chinna7

Hi,

I am victim of abuse and dowry and was abandoned by my husband for confronting him for extra marital affairs and because I was diagnosed with Thyroid cancer. He left me along with my 5 month old baby. No alimony, no work permit, no source of income, no health insurance. Cant make a living here or go back to India as child custody is pending. Was able to contact Commissioner of Police and filed 498 against him. He is not attending court proceedings in India. 

Here in U.S, he is not paying correct ordered amount for child support. He shows wrong income with the help of his Indian employer. They never file correct incomes. He is a senior software Eng. He earns more than  $125K. But says he only earns $46K. He also sold the court divided asset after hearing. I am left with nothing. Hardly making both ends meet and living as orphans. Haven't seen my parents in 4.5 years. My father suffered from massive heart attack.  My ex is threatening me to withdraw cases in Indian against him. He is held under contempt of court here too. I do not have money or attorney to represent me here.

I was able to contact Ministry of External Affairs. If I get my Ex passport withhold, what happens to the child support that I am receiving?? 

Me and my son are living on that $750 per month. If I don't get that child support, I cannot live or go to India. Please suggest.

Than k you for your time.

On 3/9/2018 at 2:33 PM, chinna7 said:

Hi,

I am victim of abuse and dowry and was abandoned by my husband for confronting him for extra marital affairs and because I was diagnosed with Thyroid cancer. He left me along with my 5 month old baby. No alimony, no work permit, no source of income, no health insurance. Cant make a living here or go back to India as child custody is pending. Was able to contact Commissioner of Police and filed 498 against him. He is not attending court proceedings in India. 

Here in U.S, he is not paying correct ordered amount for child support. He shows wrong income with the help of his Indian employer. They never file correct incomes. He is a senior software Eng. He earns more than  $125K. But says he only earns $46K. He also sold the court divided asset after hearing. I am left with nothing. Hardly making both ends meet and living as orphans. Haven't seen my parents in 4.5 years. My father suffered from massive heart attack.  My ex is threatening me to withdraw cases in Indian against him. He is held under contempt of court here too. I do not have money or attorney to represent me here.

I was able to contact Ministry of External Affairs. If I get my Ex passport withhold, what happens to the child support that I am receiving?? 

Me and my son are living on that $750 per month. If I don't get that child support, I cannot live or go to India. Please suggest.

Than k you for your time.

u can contact dept of labor and also local police 

Archived