All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
RR_San

N-600 – Certificate of citizenship

Hello Team,

I have been planning to apply N-600 for my son, He is 11 years old, he was born outside USA. Now only father is US citizen, mother other country citizen, but in Green card status. I am looking for the following details after submitting the N-600 form to USCIS:

1. Does my minor child has to appear for Biometric - Finger print in person
  2. Does my minor child has to appear for Interview or Oath taking ceremony in person
  3. Any rough processing timeline for N-600, I am in Virgina -Norfolk

The reason for the above questions, after submitting the N-600 form he may go out of US for a year with re-entry permit.

Thank you,

Appreciate your response.

Edited by RR_San

Since he is a US citizen, he has to have a US passport if he is traveling abroad. Any reentry permit is invalid, since he is a US citizen.

Also, the N600 is really a waste of money. GRT a US passport for him. The passport is proof of US citizenship.

Edited by JoeF

Thank you for quick response.

My son is not US citizen, he is having Indian passport. I am researching to apply for N-600 certificate of citizenship.F CITIZENSHIP

I am looking for the following details after submitting the N-600 form to USCIS:

1. Does my minor child has to appear for Biometric - Finger print in person
  2. Does my minor child has to appear for Interview or Oath taking ceremony in person
  3. Any rough processing timeline for N-600, I am in Virgina -Norfolk

The reason for the above questions, after submitting the N-600 form he may go out of US for a year with re-entry permit.

Appreciate your response.