H1B, 2nd RFE asking for expert opinion

rekha6

I am posting this on behalf of my husband, he is an SAP Consultant in Supply Chain Management and working since 2005. He has a Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering from India and Masters degree in Industrial Engineering from the USA. He has been on H1B visa for 6+ years now.

We applied for the H1B transfer from a consulting company A to another consulting B in May 2017 in regular process.

-        Got 1st RFE in Jan 2017 asking for Client Letter.

-        Responded to  1st RFE on Feb 7th, 2018 and upgraded to PP.

-        Received 2nd RFE on Feb 14th, 2018 asking for an expert opinion on how educational degree is related to the current job.

-        Yet to respond to the 2nd RFE.

Currently, his I94 has expired and he can go on H4 but what are his next steps really, if his H1B gets denied? 

Is it a good idea to even file for H4 at this point?

What are some of the checkpoints we can make at this point?

What is the best way to prove that his educational degree and job is related?  He says some of the course that he took during his masters are related to his job today … but what I am wondering how can we make the case stronger?

Is having Mechanical and Industrial Engineering degree a red flag for a functional job (SAP)?

Please advise.

Thanks for your input.

• 4 weeks later...

What is the best way to prove that his educational degree and job is related?  He says some of the course that he took during his masters are related to his job today … but what I am wondering how can we make the case stronger?

Its a million $s question in this situation. Not sure what is their(CIS) criteria to accept an evaluation. One guy got a denial because who ever did the evaluation didn't not visit his work place and they don't know about the job he is doing. Because of this CIS didn't consider the evaluation is true. How can a evaluator will visit employee's workplace to provide the evaluation? Usually based on the certificates and work experience letters they will provide the expert opinion. 

Is it a good idea to even file for H4 at this point?

Better to wait until you get the result of H1B. If something goes wrong converting to H4 is always the best option and which is easy. Either by COS or going back to home country and attend for H4 stamping.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi Rekha

My husband is  M. SC in  Biophysics and is a developer in IT. His H1B got picked up this yr and got an RFE to evaluate his degree and experience as he is from Non-IT Background but now working in IT. As my husband's case is similar to your husband's case like to know what all documents were attached to USCIS for his RFE and like to know was his Visa accepted. WIll be grateful if you can share your experience.

Archived