221g white slip on H1B stamping @ Vancouver

krismede

Hello,

I went with my wife for H1B stamping and her h4 stamping to Vancouver, canada. We got 221g white slip (not sure what color means) and VO said it will be few weeks. Not sure how long it will take. I have heard of automatic revalidation and wondering if anyone tried this to go back to USA and wait there. I got my passports with us but not original 797. Please share any experiences and/or advise. 

I was also in same boat. Me ( H1B ) and my wife (H4 ) along with our 9 months kid ( US citizen ) went to Vancouver Canada for our visa stamping. I got 221G. I also donot know color but it was printed on a piece of paper. I can understand your situation. See below regarding my case. Mine took Total 9 working days including interview day. 

Please reach out to me if you need any info. My email Id is in my profile.

16 hours ago, krismede said:

Hello,

I went with my wife for H1B stamping and her h4 stamping to Vancouver, canada. We got 221g white slip (not sure what color means) and VO said it will be few weeks. Not sure how long it will take. I have heard of automatic revalidation and wondering if anyone tried this to go back to USA and wait there. I got my passports with us but not original 797. Please share any experiences and/or advise. 

Automatic revalidation only works if you have not attended visa interview at US Consulate. Please check your personal message here on murthy forum.

Blue Slip: A 221g Blue slip is given when the additional documentation is required. After submitting the required documents, a decision will be taken by the Consulate.
Pink Slip: A 221g Pink slip is handed out when your application needs further administrative processing. The consulate will notify you once the processing is done. This form is most likely issued when the Visa Officer is doubtful about your current employer or work related information. You will be given a reference id and you can track the status online.
Yellow Slip: A 221 g Yellow slip denotes general type of administrative processing. The Consulate looks at all the documentation provided by the candidate and the employer.
White Slip: A 221g White slip denotes requirement for further processing by the USCIS. The Consulate pushes back these kinds of cases to the USCIS and the decision is taken based on the information obtained from the USCIS.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/14/2018 at 12:00 PM, krismede said:

Finally got issue resolved. It took 3 weeks to get it cleared. Thank you for all the help Gopal and kalyan. 

For anyone reading this, its frustrating to wait without any update, but hang in there. Feel free to contact me if any info is needed. 

thanks for the info .. can i pm you if needed info please ?