Visitor Visa for in-laws to attend husband's graduation ceremony

randy29

Hi Everyone,

My husband is planning to invite his parents to attend his graduation ceremony. I am confused about which way we should approach. My husband's college is in Chicago and I live in Denver.

1) My husband's approach: He wants to put his Chicago's address as the place my in-laws would visit. What questions would this approach raise?

My approach: Putting our Denver's address as the place of visit. I and my in-laws travel to Chicago together to attend my husband's graduation. 

I am on H1B Visa and I will be the one who pays for their trip in both the scenarios. Does it matter which approach we choose?

2) My husband came to USA on H4 Visa. He was denied F1 visa before his H4 visa got approved. He changed his status to F1 after his arrival in USA. Does      this reduce the chances of visitor visa approval for my in-laws?

3) Will there be any additional questions by the interviewer in this particular situation?

4) Also, please let me know which documents we should send our in-laws in this case.

Please help me.

Thanks.

When you say "there will be lots of questions", is it only for our situation or in general? If it is specific to our situation, how should we be prepared? 

Will there be any additional questions if we say that they will be coming to Denver first and then travel to Chicago to attend the graduation ceremony?

I appreciate your help.

Archived