All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanks2000

dismissed expunged misdemeanor c, what can be expected on visa amendment or extension

I'm on H1 visa. I had a dv misdemeanor c case for which under plea bargain I accepted the a property damage charge. Upon completion of my probation, my cased was deferred, dismissed and now expunged too. Now my visa has gone for amendment and it's been six months and I have received no response. Now I'm due for my visa extension as well. Now everyone is receiving RFEs on their visa processes, so I'm wondering what i can expect now?  

Your petition has been amended, not your visa. You should discuss the situation proactively with an Immigration Lawyer in view of reports of prudential visa revocation for some.

Hi,

I have a similar case where I was accused of misdemeanor child abuse in NC. The charge against me was that I left my children home alone for 25 min.

While the class of misdemeanor in NC was A1, according to federal law it is a class B misdemeanor. I was asked to attend childcare classes and the case  was dismissed. I did not admit any charges, but the dismissal statement said that the charge was dismissed because I attended childcare classes.

I have filed for expungement of the record. Please let me know on the following

• Can this charge be considered as a CIMT?
  • Will this charge make me inadmissible the next time I go to out of US and try to come back?

I discussed this case with an immigration lawyer and his replies were non-committal and so asking the question in this forum. 

Thanks

I will tell you how it works. You pay a lawyer for a consult and then tell him all the facts. He has to b**ody well give you a response in writing. You have to pay them for their services. The story seems a bit convoluted. How did they know about 25 minutes? What was the background?

I agree with pontevecchio. There is more to the story than what you are telling us here.

Sorry, I had not seen your replies to this thread for some time. 

With regard to the 25 minutes, Police took it from the time they arrived at my home till the time my wife took to open the door of my home.

I will PM you the background of the case.

Edited by chackraj
typo