No salary for fisrt few months, later regular salary. Will there be issue in future?

Atura

Hi, i have query regarding my H1B employment.

i came to US in April, my employer didn’t ran salary for fisrt 4 months as I didn’t had project. Later i got project and he ran salary (From August). I did H1 transfer (from November) to new employer(good financial company). I got W2 for last year which i need to file now. 

Will there be any issues in future? What should I do, so that i dont face issues later.

please advise.

9 hours ago, Atura said:

Hi, i have query regarding my H1B employment.

i came to US in April, my employer didn’t ran salary for fisrt 4 months as I didn’t had project. Later i got project and he ran salary (From August). I did H1 transfer (from November) to new employer(good financial company). I got W2 for last year which i need to file now. 

Will there be any issues in future? What should I do, so that i dont face issues later.

please advise.

Yes, there will be issues.

The employer had to pay you, even if you didn't have a project. The employer knows that, the law section is listed right next to the signature line on the LCA. And the employer signed that he read the law section and that he agrees to it.

File a complaint with DOL on form WH4. The DOL will make the employer pay you the salary you are owed.

File a complaint against the employer on form WH4. You should have been aware and I am sure you were that salary was mandatory. Why in tarnation would you just let him take advantage of you.?.  He committed fraud and made misrepresentations while filing your H1 petition. This can come back to bite you even later. People of our own ilk are the idiots who take advantage. Do not countenance this.

Archived