H-1B Visa stamping when previous H-1B is in Admin Processing

pr_1686

Looking for assistance on how to go about visa stamping given the situation I am in.

I came to India on vacation in October, 2017 and did drop-box, personal interview at Mumbai consulate for H-1B stamping, EVC model.
I got 221g/Administrative processing, and the visa stamping is still stuck in Administrative Processing.

Meanwhile my end client filed for H-1B change of employer, the petition was approved by USCIS last week on February 5, 2018.

My question is how do I proceed from here?

Do I fill in new DS-160 and pay visa stamp fees once more?
If go to USATravelDocs website to schedule appointment, it is going to send me for dropbox option again. I believe I need to rather show up for in person interview at the Consulate. So how do I schedule appointment?

Also I believe my current employer will have to withdraw the H-1B stamping/petition that is currently in Admin Processing.
When should this happen? Before I visit the consulate or can I carry the withdrawal letter when I visit the consulate?

While filling in DS-160, if the previous application is still in pending status, is it still considered as 221g refusal?

Regards,

you should be okay to go for interview with new h1b while other h1 stamping is still in admin processing. 

You are not responsible for h1 revoke it'd your employers responsibility.

You don't need withdrawal letter.

When you select new employer for visa interview appointment it should let you select for interview.

One of my friend was in similar situation back in 2012.

@visits1811 : Hi, Am alos in the same boat. i came on vacation on May 2017 and my latest petition got approved in last week. i am waiting to receive the new petition to go for stamping again. 

Yes. we hve to fill new DS160 form and better we can schedule the appointment for in person interview at embassy. 

Please write your contact details to my email id and we can talk. 

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 4:39 AM, visits1811 said:

Looking for assistance on how to go about visa stamping given the situation I am in.

I came to India on vacation in October, 2017 and did drop-box, personal interview at Mumbai consulate for H-1B stamping, EVC model.
I got 221g/Administrative processing, and the visa stamping is still stuck in Administrative Processing.

Meanwhile my end client filed for H-1B change of employer, the petition was approved by USCIS last week on February 5, 2018.

My question is how do I proceed from here?

Do I fill in new DS-160 and pay visa stamp fees once more? Fill up the new DS160 and book a fresh appointment. its like the start from scratch to book a new visa appointment, no exceptions.  
If go to USATravelDocs website to schedule appointment, it is going to send me for dropbox option again. I believe I need to rather show up for in person interview at the Consulate. So how do I schedule appointment? To best of my knowledge once you mention that your previous H1B is refused, you will no longer eligible for drop box, even if you do qualify then with no option you have to try that out first, if consulates feels to have in person interview then they will call you. No Worries just follow as it get draws.

Also I believe my current employer will have to withdraw the H-1B stamping/petition that is currently in Admin Processing.
When should this happen? Before I visit the consulate or can I carry the withdrawal letter when I visit the consulate? That's you employer responsibility, you are not expected to do any processing on that petition.

While filling in DS-160, if the previous application is still in pending status, is it still considered as 221g refusal? Yes it is considered as refusal, but truly they have a very minimal or negligible impact, until unless you are not personally responsible for any serious charges in USA.

Regards,

Now you have moved to an end client you are having pretty bright chances, so don't worry and don't be nervous!!!! wish you all the very best and hope to have you back.

• 1 month later...

@ashukla  Thank you so much for your assistance.

I applied for visa stamping with new employer/end client, and the consulate approved the same. The interview went very smoothly, not many questions were asked.

I filled in new DS-160, paid visa stamping fees once again, scheduled the appointment for fingerprinting and consulate visit.

Before consulate visit, I emailed the US Travel helpdesk support alias asking to close the previous application that was pending in administrative processing/221g.

17 hours ago, visits1811 said:

@ashukla  Thank you so much for your assistance.

I applied for visa stamping with new employer/end client, and the consulate approved the same. The interview went very smoothly, not many questions were asked.

I filled in new DS-160, paid visa stamping fees once again, scheduled the appointment for fingerprinting and consulate visit.

Before consulate visit, I emailed the US Travel helpdesk support alias asking to close the previous application that was pending in administrative processing/221g.

Good to hear this, and thank you for sharing this positive news as it is difficult to find one on this forum....it would be great help for others if you can provide the question asked to you in your interview, I noticed here that other folks are also in similar situation as you were.

End is well everything is well, fly back safe!!!

On 4/26/2018 at 8:24 AM, ashukla said:

Good to hear this, and thank you for sharing this positive news as it is difficult to find one on this forum....it would be great help for others if you can provide the question asked to you in your interview, I noticed here that other folks are also in similar situation as you were.

End is well everything is well, fly back safe!!!

Sure thing.

Here are the questions asked during interview -

Where you would be working

- replied with new employer name and location

What are your job duties

What's your salary going to be

In the end the interviewer said: I see you appeared for stamping in last Fall for employer X and now you are here with petition for employer Y who was your end client when you were with employer X. Is that true?

This was the last question.

• 2 months later...
On 5/2/2018 at 12:53 AM, visits1811 said:

Sure thing.

Here are the questions asked during interview -

Where you would be working

- replied with new employer name and location

What are your job duties

What's your salary going to be

In the end the interviewer said: I see you appeared for stamping in last Fall for employer X and now you are here with petition for employer Y who was your end client when you were with employer X. Is that true?

This was the last question.

I am in the same situation as yours. Could you please share us what was your answer for the last question and what happened after that ?.

Thanks you !

• 2 weeks later...

@san56 I said Yes since it was true and its also fact that they already were aware of.

When I appeared for the stamping initially, I was working with Employer Company X and client was Company Y.

This stamping went into admin processing.  I reappeared for stamping with Company Y (same company that was my client earlier).

After I answered the question, the officer just nodded and said that visa was approved.

Archived