Visitors Visa / Tourist Visa

Vindhya Chennuru

I need help . My mom travelled to USA and extended her stay. She stayed for 8.5 months.. We applied for Extension and it’s still under processing . My friends told me when it’s under processing she can stay in USA . We travelled back to India. We received a call from Chennai that her visa was revoked. Does it mean she can’t ever travel to USA again ? What are the chances if we apply again ? Please advice.

Here is the email we received : 

This message is being sent to inform you that the non-immigrant U.S. visa which you currently hold has been revoked in accordance with the United States Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). The visa is no longer considered valid for travel to the United States. Following the interview at the U.S. Consulate General in Chennai and the subsequent issuance of the visa, additional information became available that indicates you may no longer be eligible for the visa issued. If you desire to travel to the U.S. you must apply for a new visa, at which time your eligibility for the visa will be reviewed and the application adjudicated accordingly . 

Archived