Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

AP and EAD and H1B

Recommended Posts

Married to a US citizen. He sponsored my GC which is under progress. I received my EAD and AP. Now employer has filed GC and is 140 approved. H1B expiring on May 20. Employer will file extension as I am still waiting for GC.

1. Should I travel outside US? In other words, should I drop my H1B and start using EAD and travel documents?

2. Is it really needed to file the extension?

3. Should I wait till December to get my green card through family based before I travel or switch jobs?


Please advise.

Share this post

Link to post

1. Yes. About time.

2. No, if you use EAD as the work authorization instead of H1.

3. Once married to an USC, you are in a safe harbor. Do whatever you want. Travel on AP and work on EAD till you get the GC.

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this