Urgent : INFO Needed : 240 Days Rule apply for H4 Extension also?

Samkar

Hello All,

My H1b got extended in March 2017. I got approval till July 2020. Then, I had Filed H4 Extension for my wife and baby. Their I94 got Expired on Aug 01, 2017. I filed Extension on time. that is before 3 months, Filed on April 04, 2017. I received their H4 receipt number as well with in a week. Filing Center : Vermont Service Center. Still I didn't receive H4 extension approval Yet. Vermont service center currently processing the application received on April 17,2017. So my case is falling under outside Normal processing window. I called USCIS on JAN 30, 2018 and raised a Service Request. They said i have to wait for 30 more business days from the service request raised to get the status. I can wait, but i have a Question.

By March 29, 2018 she will be completing 240 days from the I94 Expiration date Aug 01,2017.

1.If she stay beyond that point will her stay and my baby stay  become overstay?

2.Do they need to leave india before March 29 ?

3. can they stay in USA until they receive their extension approval without any issues? 

1 hour ago, Samkar said:

Hello All,

My H1b got extended in March 2017. I got approval till July 2020. Then, I had Filed H4 Extension for my wife and baby. Their I94 got Expired on Aug 01, 2017. I filed Extension on time. that is before 3 months, Filed on April 04, 2017. I received their H4 receipt number as well with in a week. Filing Center : Vermont Service Center. Still I didn't receive H4 extension approval Yet. Vermont service center currently processing the application received on April 17,2017. So my case is falling under outside Normal processing window. I called USCIS on JAN 30, 2018 and raised a Service Request. They said i have to wait for 30 more business days from the service request raised to get the status. I can wait, but i have a Question.

By March 29, 2018 she will be completing 240 days from the I94 Expiration date Aug 01,2017.

1.If she stay beyond that point will her stay and my baby stay  become overstay?

2.Do they need to leave india before March 29 ?

3. can they stay in USA until they receive their extension approval without any issues? 

240 days is only for working.. So H4 is fine..

Archived