H1b Stamping at Chennai status as 221g Administrative processing

chandu8484

Hello,

This is Chandu.I went to H1b Stamping in Chennai Consulate on Feb 5th 2018.My profile is F1->H1b in 2017.

Interview Questions:

Went to interview by 8.30am.VO was a lady and she's giving 221g's for all in front of me including B1/B2.

1. Who is your petitioner?
  2. What your company do?  Ans: My employer is a small scale company and she pronounced it like weird.
  3. What's your Salary? Ans: I told her
  4. Did you worked on OPT? Ans : yes and told to her.
  5. Where do you work?  Ans: I told her
  6. who is client?  Ans: I told her
  7. Do you have client letter? Ans : Yes and provided to VO.
  8. Asked for petition?  Ans: Provided to VO.

She took my petition,Client letter and passport and gave one small yellow slip showing as wait in the lobby .After 3.5 hours around only 4 of us who got same slips called to same person and she gave the 221 g blue along with my passport and petition and client letter. 221g blue marked as  " Your application is refused for administrative processing.The application will be reconsidered when administrative processing is complete". She said I don't need any documents wait for email from us to drop passport. My Doubts?

1. Can anyone know why she gave this kind of 221g? Is it because of new employer? Then how come uscis approved my H1b in USA?
  2. How long it will take to complete administrative processing?   I read some blogs which are showing as 1-4 weeks and max 60 days?
  3. What are the chances to get my visa approved?

Please reply me your suggestions.Thanks in advance.

1. Can anyone know why she gave this kind of 221g? Is it because of new employer? Then how come uscis approved my H1b in USA? I know what you are feeling on this situation, trust me this is most worst thing someone can ever face "221G", there is no thumb rule for consulates to give 221G, not sure how come USCIS who is expected to scrutinize the petition before approval is accepting it, DOS who is expected to just give the visa is denying it. These two different governing bodies are playing off with lots of people.

2. How long it will take to complete administrative processing?   I read some blogs which are showing as 1-4 weeks and max 60 days? It can be anywhere from 2 weeks to forever, there is no time limit on this.

3. What are the chances to get my visa approved? are you a FTE or Consultant (EVC, EC or ??).

Hang in there tight, and I should not say this but if you do not see any movement on your existing petition with in 45-60 days then start working on your alternate plan, like change of employer to file a new petition.

Good Luck!!! 

13 hours ago, chandu8484 said:

Thank you ashukla for your time in replying  to my topic! 

I agree they are playing with people!

I’m a consultant in evc model and she didn’t ask me any thing related to vendor even though it’s(vendor name) listed on client letter.

H1B denials are mainly because of employer credibility and cleanliness. I have gone through the similar situation in past and I should not be saying this but really don't want to present any false hope on your situation, reason because I have sailed the same boat which you are sitting in.

Being in EVC model, you have very thin chances to expect any positive movement on your existing petition, most likely it will be sent back to USCIS from DOS for a re review and then it will be lost forever or USCIS will wake up after an year or so and ask such things which you will not be able to present at that time as no employer in the world can wait for any employee for an year or long.

All I can suggest that try to reach out to vendor if he is willing to file a new petition for you, check with him how many approvals he have received in the past from USCIS and H1B.

Good Luck Bro!!!! wish to see you back soon
Let me know if I can help with any thing here in USA or in India.

I see in ceac website still my case status as Administrative processing! 

But in cgi website(where I booked my appointment) the status is showing as “your passport is still with the us embassy/consulate”.

My passport returned after interview and gave 221g blue slip! What does it means the status on cgi? 

On 2/8/2018 at 0:25 PM, ashukla said:

H1B denials are mainly because of employer credibility and cleanliness. I have gone through the similar situation in past and I should not be saying this but really don't want to present any false hope on your situation, reason because I have sailed the same boat which you are sitting in.

Being in EVC model, you have very thin chances to expect any positive movement on your existing petition, most likely it will be sent back to USCIS from DOS for a re review and then it will be lost forever or USCIS will wake up after an year or so and ask such things which you will not be able to present at that time as no employer in the world can wait for any employee for an year or long.

All I can suggest that try to reach out to vendor if he is willing to file a new petition for you, check with him how many approvals he have received in the past from USCIS and H1B.

Good Luck Bro!!!! wish to see you back soon
Let me know if I can help with any thing here in USA or in India.

Dear Ashukla,

I too got 221g/Admin pending recently on my H-1B visa stamping, it's been 90 days and no updates.

My end client filed for transfer and it's approved. I am trying to understand the process to get this visa stamped.

My detailed post here, can you please help with answers?

Regards,

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:16 AM, visits1811 said:

Dear Ashukla,

I too got 221g/Admin pending recently on my H-1B visa stamping, it's been 90 days and no updates.

My end client filed for transfer and it's approved. I am trying to understand the process to get this visa stamped.

My detailed post here, can you please help with answers?

Regards,

I replied to your main thread, let me know if I can further share any help!!!

Good Luck

• 1 year later...

Archived