2nd Visa Stamping on DUI

mickey27

Hi,

I had a DUI back in 2010, the record is expunged in 2012. Also in 2012 I have got my visa stamped successfully, just was asked to submit my DUI court paper work and the visa was issued after few days of review.

Today I went for visa stamping again with all the paper work regarding the DUI along with the court disposition that the case has been expunged. But this time I am asked to go for physical panel evaluation. I am booking the appointment for that evaluation but would like to know what to expect out of this test?

I mean what reading from the blood tests will be considered as alcoholic, like we go for regular annual check up and they check the liver, kidney health etc is this the same?

Also what kind of questions does the psychologist ask and how honest we should be in this case? I am not a alcoholic but if I say weekend drinks around 2 to 3 how is that considered. My intention is not to give false information to the panel but also not to jeopardize my visa chances based on the answers. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank You! 

Hi @mickey27

I recently had medical evaluation done. They just check for basic blood work, height, weight, chest xray and some blood test for STDs (don't know why). psychologist ask basic questions about DUI event day and some generic questions. I recommendation would be don't lie and say you drink socially. Its usually 1 day event and they send report to embassy next day. Though, embassy takes 3-4 weeks to process and give passport back. I am still waiting (4 weeks tomorrow).

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2018 at 1:11 AM, spang09 said:

Hi @mickey27

I recently had medical evaluation done. They just check for basic blood work, height, weight, chest xray and some blood test for STDs (don't know why). psychologist ask basic questions about DUI event day and some generic questions. I recommendation would be don't lie and say you drink socially. Its usually 1 day event and they send report to embassy next day. Though, embassy takes 3-4 weeks to process and give passport back. I am still waiting (4 weeks tomorrow).

Good luck!

Did you get your visa bro.?

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 6:23 AM, mickey27 said:

Hi,

I had a DUI back in 2010, the record is expunged in 2012. Also in 2012 I have got my visa stamped successfully, just was asked to submit my DUI court paper work and the visa was issued after few days of review.

Today I went for visa stamping again with all the paper work regarding the DUI along with the court disposition that the case has been expunged. But this time I am asked to go for physical panel evaluation. I am booking the appointment for that evaluation but would like to know what to expect out of this test?

I mean what reading from the blood tests will be considered as alcoholic, like we go for regular annual check up and they check the liver, kidney health etc is this the same?

Also what kind of questions does the psychologist ask and how honest we should be in this case? I am not a alcoholic but if I say weekend drinks around 2 to 3 how is that considered. My intention is not to give false information to the panel but also not to jeopardize my visa chances based on the answers. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank You! 

Hey mickey27

Will really appreciate if you could post an update. I had a DUI reduced to reckless driving in May 2007 and will be traveling to India soon. Any information will be helpful.

Thanks!

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 3:11 AM, spang09 said:

Hi @mickey27

Good luck!

Hey spang09...hope you have your visa by now...can you please post your experience...will really help me plan my visit to india...

On 2/5/2018 at 2:41 PM, spang09 said:

Hi @mickey27

Good luck!

My medical evaluation is completed and they sent the details to the consulate after 3 days. In 2 more days I have received an email to submit my passport. I am waiting for the passport now. Did the VO keep your passport or were you asked to submit the passport later when they received the medical reports?

Medical Evaluation and psychic evaluation was very short few questions on the incident and if I am still driving under influence of Alcohol etc. 

This is my 1st week for passport wait. 

Thank you!

On 2/7/2018 at 9:55 PM, rockersingh8 said:

I would recommend to tell them u drink socially and usually once per month or so

also show remorse while doing psychiatric evaluation as it will show that u have learned from ur mistake and not repeated any mistake not just dui

Which consulate did u go for interview  

Thank you! for the suggestion. Hyderabad

On 2/5/2018 at 2:41 PM, spang09 said:

Hi @mickey27

Good luck!

Have you received your passport with the stamping? 

On 2/5/2018 at 10:11 AM, spang09 said:

Hi @mickey27

Good luck!

Did you get your visa approved? I completed my medical evaluation yesterday @ Apollo Hospital Chennai. Now, waiting for email from consulate to submit passport and court docs.

On 2/22/2018 at 6:08 AM, mickey27 said:

My medical evaluation is completed and they sent the details to the consulate after 3 days. In 2 more days I have received an email to submit my passport. I am waiting for the passport now. Did the VO keep your passport or were you asked to submit the passport later when they received the medical reports?

Medical Evaluation and psychic evaluation was very short few questions on the incident and if I am still driving under influence of Alcohol etc. 

This is my 1st week for passport wait. 

Thank you!

Hi @mickey27 : Mine is a similar story. Only an arrest record from 2012. No conviction. Medical checkup done on same day(26th Feb).  

1. Which consulate was your interview?

2. What all documents did you submit along with your passport during the drop off? i.e the Medical check up instruction letter form VO says to submit relevant case/police documents along with the Medical reports.

3. Whom did you follow up with once the medical report was sent from the hospital?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived