questions regarding birth certificates and 485 filing determination

Bobby333

Hello Friends,

In the wake of up coming changes to immigration system, i have decided to file my parent's green cards. My facts are as below.

1. My Naturalization interview is scheduled in 21 days from today and my parents are planning be here by the end of the February. 

Once they arrived and presuming I get through interview well and get naturalized. How soon, Can i file their 485? (some asks me to wait for 60 days once my parents arrives here but I feel the laws are changing fast and it may be too late to wait that long)

2. To establish a relationship with my parents, My birth certificate list both first and last name of my father but only first name of my mother. Is that an issue?

3. My mother did get birth record done in the court in India with affidavit. However, My father doesn't have birth certificate but has a DUPLICATE copy of his mark sheet from the University in India which states his date of birth. (is this sufficient ? in lieu of birth certificate apart from his passport?,, does he require to submit the 'non availability' of birth certificate? Both of them were born before 1952 during which time, the recording of birth was not a common practice in India)

4. My mother maiden name is different on her school certificate than her passport since she married to my father. Will she require any affidavit for her names or the certificate showing the registration of marriage is sufficient?

I would greatly appreciate your patience in reading this thread and possibly answering. I would appreciate as many inputs possible as my parents are planning to leave India soon and if anything need to be obtained, it will give them some time. 

Thank you and God bless you,

Archived