[Question] Parents' Visitor Visas Reason

kanchan0

Hi, Murthy Law Firm:

I am new to this website and this is my first question, so please ignore any errors in my post/topic submission.

I've a quick question concerning Visitor Visas, please.

I'm sponsoring my parents' visitor visas. I haven't met them for 3+ years. Thus, during their interview(s), if asked why are they visiting the US, they will be mentioning the reason: visiting their daughter. Having said that, however, due to unexpected circumstances I need to travel to India before their interview. May I please ask if it will impact their reasoning?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2018 at 5:33 AM, kanchan0 said:

Hi, Murthy Law Firm:

I am new to this website and this is my first question, so please ignore any errors in my post/topic submission.

I've a quick question concerning Visitor Visas, please.

I'm sponsoring my parents' visitor visas. I haven't met them for 3+ years. Thus, during their interview(s), if asked why are they visiting the US, they will be mentioning the reason: visiting their daughter. Having said that, however, due to unexpected circumstances I need to travel to India before their interview. May I please ask if it will impact their reasoning?

To visit your family, spend some time, visit some places in USA and return to India.

Your parents need to convey the above message.

The officer approves the visa if he/she could get trust that your parents would be returning to India after their trip, the below facts could support in getting the officer's trust:

1. any of your siblings in India

2. proofs of employment/income/leave for your parents if they are employed.

3. Properties/assets in India

The purpose of the trip is sightseeing . You can pay for the Airfare if you want. The VO decides in a couple of minutes in almost all cases without looking at any documents. If you live in say NYC, they may like to visit the SOL besides other attractions and so on depending on where you live. Do not coach them. They know they are visiting for tourism.

Archived